Saturday, October 29, 2011

It's the little things...

Today I was busily working trying to prepare some deviled eggs for a church dinner.  I was getting frustrated as the eggs were not peeling right, and the twins had been fussing on and off.  Alaina was outside playing, waiting for her daddy to take her to work with him.  I heard her calling me and ignored it, hoping that her daddy would be able to take care of her.  But I heard her again.  Annoyed, I went into our side enclosed porch and opened the door to her.  There was my little sweetheart with hand outstretched - "I got some flowers for you, Mommy." Smiling, she held out a small cluster of little lavender and white flowers.  It brought tears to my eyes as I kissed her and thanked her.

Sometimes in life it is so easy to rush from one chore to the next, forgetting that the most precious moments of our children's childhoods will vanish so quickly.  May God help me to spend the time with my little ones so that I will have many wonderful memories with them.

A couple other sweet things Alaina has said this week:

My grandmother on my dad's side is not doing well.  I have been trying to prepare Alaina for the fact that she will pass away.  Alaina told me that I could share her grandma.

She told me that she didn't want to watch Handy Manny for a long time.  "It can make her feet all sprinkley".  I guess sitting on Mommy and Daddy's bed watching Disney Junior online made her feet fall asleep :)

No comments:

Post a Comment